Tuesday 8 November 2011

New series of still lifes

It has been a while since my last post, and I have moved away from my Bridget Riley phase, and pure abstraction in general. Contrary to what you may intuitively think I find the pure abstracts far more difficult than the more representational work: it is easy to see when you have it wrong but far more difficult to see when it is right, and endlessly moving shapes about starts to mess with your head after a while.

Anyway, after revealing my two new still lifes, Manda's Mug (the print is inspired by a painting by Manda Beeching) and Fig and Jug (left) at this years Exeter Open Studios and finding that they were very well received (3 sales of Manda and 2 of Fig) I have decided to do at least 3 more. Not only that, they are rather fun to make. So it is less Ben Nicholson and more Winifred from here on in!

I hope to document the process of creation of the next one (provisionally entitled Exeter) as I go along, so watch this space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home